Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm Trying

I'm trying so hard,
but i don't seem to get anywhere.
I'm sorry that i'm not like You,
that i can't just stand up.
My legs are weak,
I'm not able to even walk on my own.
But knowing You're listening,
Knowing that You're beside be puts blood in my cheeks again.
I have fallen so many times at Your feet,
Raising my hands to Your light and screaming for help.
I give my core to You,
Take it please.
It is filthy and broken,
Just pieces of what i used to be.
I hope that is enough for You,
Please say it is.
Without You i would drown,
Be eaten alive by the fires of hell.
Thank you.
Please just consume me,
Take my entire soul in Your arms.
I'm not asking You to fix my world,
Just to hold my hand and walk with me.
I'm trying to walk on my own,
But i stumble and get lost.
Be my guide and show me,
Please lead me.
I'm trying so hard,
But all i seem to be able to do is cry out Your name in praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment